Blog Archive

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Brotherly Love

When I got pregnant I never had any doubt about how much Tim and I would love our new baby, but I worried a bit about Holden. I thought he was going to have a hard time going from being our only child to sharing us with his new brother. I wondered if some of his frustration would be taken out on Beckett. But I couldn't have been more wrong. The love Holden shows for Beckett amazes me. And Beckett loves him right back.
If Beckett is ever getting upset or fussy I just send Holden over to talk to him and he's all smiles. Beckett smiles and laughs for Holden more than anyone else. And Holden adores him. I'm so thankful for the brotherly love that is present in my home. Who knew I could love my child more just because of his love for his brother?





2 comments:

Chanda said...

The boys are getting so big! I miss them everyday. Holden looks like Tim but Beckett looks like you. :) They are both amazing little boys. Love you guys!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Boys are the BEST. I love that my boys are best friends. They have their moments but for the most part play with each other and love each other SO much.