I'm stealing this idea from my friends Jenny & Kristy.....Each week I will blog about someone or something I have been blessed with! I'm going to try to do it on Sundays just for the sake of me remembering to do it.
This week it's my mom, Joan. She is fabulous! I have had some trying times in my life and I honestly don't think I could have made it through them without my wonderful Mother. When I got pregnant in high school she became my rock. Since then I have noticed so many great qualities about her. I have changed my way of thinking. I no longer say "I don't want to be like my mom." Now when I say something she said to us (which is often) I laugh and am proud that I turned out like her. I couldn't have asked for anyone better.
She is also a great Grandma! She always says yes when I ask her to babysit my children and even took my horrible sleeper Holden overnight for us when I was pregnant. She seems to always have a little gift or candy for the kids. (Okay, maybe that one is annoying. LOL) And she has a never ending supply of hugs and kisses for them. Mom, I hope you realize just how wonderful you are!!

This week it's my mom, Joan. She is fabulous! I have had some trying times in my life and I honestly don't think I could have made it through them without my wonderful Mother. When I got pregnant in high school she became my rock. Since then I have noticed so many great qualities about her. I have changed my way of thinking. I no longer say "I don't want to be like my mom." Now when I say something she said to us (which is often) I laugh and am proud that I turned out like her. I couldn't have asked for anyone better.
She is also a great Grandma! She always says yes when I ask her to babysit my children and even took my horrible sleeper Holden overnight for us when I was pregnant. She seems to always have a little gift or candy for the kids. (Okay, maybe that one is annoying. LOL) And she has a never ending supply of hugs and kisses for them. Mom, I hope you realize just how wonderful you are!!
3 comments:
What an awesome compliment!
One thing I have noticed about your Mom is her never ending supply of patience. She has an opinion but chooses very carefully when and how to say it. I have always looked up to your Mom and thought about what a good example of being Christ like she is. Always loving caring about others and never compromising her beliefs.
I clearly remember in high school you telling me how hard it was to give up your baby and that your mom was with you in the room during the time that you had to hold and love him. I remember you sharing that with me and thinking that you were so blessed to have a mother like her to help you through it.
Jacki,
Your mom is truly wonderful, and I'm so glad I get to work with her. She has a beautiful personality and smile that lights up any room. You are truly blessed to have her in your life. Take care, Cassie
Post a Comment