Blog Archive

Saturday, April 30, 2011

I Know He Isn't Mine...

I know he isn't mine, but I felt his little feet kick my ribs for weeks on end.
I know he isn't mine, but I rejoice in his accomplishments and mourn for his losses.
I know he isn't mine, but his eyes and ears and feet are.
I know he isn't mine, but I can't imagine my life if he had never entered it.
I know he isn't mine, but I will always be his.
I am not his mom, I cannot take credit for his deeds.
But I am his birth mother, and I am responsible for his life.

Fourteen years ago today I gave birth to a beautiful 7 pound 1 ounce baby boy. He has grown into such a smart, handsome young man. I was never meant to be his mom. But I can't help but love him just as much as if I were.
I love you and happy birthday, Timothy!

6 comments:

Just me and my girls said...

You are an amazing woman! Love ya girlie.

Joan said...

And yet again, you make me cry. Happy Birthday, Timothy. I love you. And, Jacki, I love you, too!

Tiffany said...

You really are amazing and inspiring! What a great act of love!

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

Very touching.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Happy Birthday Timothy!

I cannot believe that he is 14! Holy cow.

Charity said...

You brought him into this world Jacki. You will always be a part of his life. I cant get over how much he looks like Beckett in this picture!

Let's face it. You make some pretty cute boys!