Since I never posted about my labor with Beckett I thought I would do it now. This was my fourth time going through labor and delivery, but the two before Beckett were both induced and the first time was 12 years ago so I really wasn't sure what to expect. I started noticing contractions around 5:00 pm and started timing them half an hour or so later. They weren't at all regular so I wasn't sure if it was real labor or not. I continued to time them for another hour or so. I still wasn't sure and called my mom. She told me if it was real I would know. I didn't KNOW so I figured I could wait longer. I called her back about 15 minutes later and told her to come over to get Holden. It felt like it took her FOREVER to get to my house since my contractions were about 3 minutes apart by the time she got here. I'm sure she didn't hurry since I wasn't positive I was in labor when I talked to her.
We left our house about 8:30 to go to the hospital. By this time I was feeling the pain. As soon as we got in a room I told them to page the anesthesiologist. I'm sure the nurses thought I was insane since they hadn't checked me yet or anything. Who needs an epidural as soon as they arrive? They didn't page him, but made me get checked first. When they realized I was already at a 7 they sent him a page. I think I was really lucky I got an epidural at all. He said he was getting ready for a C-section so he hurried to do mine. Had he not hurried I would not have had drugs.
Almost as soon as the medicine kicked in it was time to push. I think we estimated I pushed for 15 minutes or so. And at 9:48 pm Beckett Archibald Brunson arrived! It was a really quick labor overall and really freaks me out if we decide to have another child in the future. All in all about 4 1/2 hours. Not too shabby.
We left our house about 8:30 to go to the hospital. By this time I was feeling the pain. As soon as we got in a room I told them to page the anesthesiologist. I'm sure the nurses thought I was insane since they hadn't checked me yet or anything. Who needs an epidural as soon as they arrive? They didn't page him, but made me get checked first. When they realized I was already at a 7 they sent him a page. I think I was really lucky I got an epidural at all. He said he was getting ready for a C-section so he hurried to do mine. Had he not hurried I would not have had drugs.
Almost as soon as the medicine kicked in it was time to push. I think we estimated I pushed for 15 minutes or so. And at 9:48 pm Beckett Archibald Brunson arrived! It was a really quick labor overall and really freaks me out if we decide to have another child in the future. All in all about 4 1/2 hours. Not too shabby.
2 comments:
oh man that IS short! I am one of the crazy ones that the minute i go in i ask for an epidural wether i am hurting or not! lol! why not!?
AHHH! That his how both my deliveries have gone. I was at a 7 BOTH times I got to the hospital. Like you, I told the nurse, I went quick. Of course she thought I had no clue. Hmmm. Finally got the epidural at a 9. Can we say OUCH?!
Post a Comment