Blog Archive

Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Few of His Favorite Things-Holden 2010

In honor of Holden's upcoming 4th birthday here are a few of his favorite things right now. And stay tuned for more Holden themed posts this week.

Holden LOVES Star Wars the Clone Wars. This is what he will always choose to watch on TV. He dressed up as Anakin Skywalker for Halloween and also chose a Star Wars theme for his birthday party this year. He would wear his Yoda shirt every single day if I would let him.


Holden has a love for learning. He loves reading books and finding letters in the house. His TAG reader was one of the best presents we ever gave him. The other day we went on a letter hunt and he didn't want it to stop. He already knows so much. I am insanely proud of him.



He still loves Transformers. He got an Optimus Prime toy at his birthday party from his friend Karsten and it's his new favorite. This is what he has been sleeping with at night and it has rekindled the obsession. It reminded me of how much I now hate the Transformers movies. Watching them over and over again will do that to you.



One of my very favorite things about Holden is his outgoing personality. He will talk to everyone and anyone. And one of the things he likes to do most is make others laugh. Right now he loves knock knock jokes. Most of them are not at all funny, but if he finds one that makes you laugh he will tell it to you and everyone else over and over again.  He got the class clown award at school last year and I won't be surprised if he gets it again this year. Check out the video above of his favorite knock knock joke. If you haven't heard it yet then you haven't seen Holden in a while.


And the last thing on the list for this year is being outdoors. Holden loves to play outside. And he especially loves fishing or "hunting" with his Dad. 

I love this kids more than words could ever express. I can't imagine my life without him. He can infuriate me to no end and make me smile through my tears. He will fight Beckett for a toy one second and defend him from someone else the next. He is smart, loving, funny, outgoing, loyal, and perfect. I wouldn't change a thing about his stubborn personality.