Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

6 Years Ago...

At this time of year that is so filled with excitement and fireworks I can't help but reflect on where I was 6 years ago.
After struggling for years to have a baby Tim and I were finally pregnant. I remember being so excited to watch the fireworks with my family with my cute baby belly. I was excited to show it off and to make these new memories; to attend one last fourth of July festivities before becoming a Mom.

For some reason my cute nephew, Colton wanted to lay with me during the fireworks and I remember thinking that next year at the same time I would have my own child to take that place. It was a little slice of Heaven.

My baby was due November 23rd and I was 4 1/2 months along. It was a happy day. The next day was not so happy. (If you don't already know what happened you can check out my previous post.)

While I struggle with the painful memories I try hard to focus on the good ones. And seeing the picture above helps to remind me of that. I can't help but imagine my life if Quentin had been able to stay with us. But I'm also thankful for the handsome boys that I do have. They are amazing.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jacki.... I had no idea that was tomorrow. Love you, and always thinking about you!

Jacki said...

It's actually July 5, Nat. But thank you!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

You are so blessed to have that little angel watching over you.

I hope all is well in your home! Miss you.