Blog Archive

Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Timothy!

 Timothy at his basketball championship game in February.

I know he isn't mine, but I felt his little feet kick my ribs for weeks on end.
I know he isn't mine, but I rejoice in his accomplishments and mourn for his losses.
I know he isn't mine, but his eyes and ears and feet are.
I know he isn't mine, but I can't imagine my life if he had never entered it.
I know he isn't mine, but I will always be his.
I am not his mom, I cannot take credit for his deeds.
But I am his birth mother, and I am responsible for his life.

Fifteen years ago today I gave birth to a beautiful 7 pound 1 ounce baby boy. He has grown into such a smart, handsome young man. I was never meant to be his mom. But I can't help but love him just as much as if I were.
I love you and happy birthday, Timothy!

2 comments:

The Circus said...

awe, well said lady. Well said.

Charity said...

You are adorable. You done good lady.