Four little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell off and broke his head...
On Saturday we headed to my friend Charity's cabin for a fun weekend. It's about an hour and a half drive from our house and we love going up there. It's rustic enough to make the boys feel like we are camping, but has enough modern conveniences that I can feel like I'm not camping.
We got to the cabin about 3:00 and Holden promptly headed upstairs with Beckett and Charity's girls to jump on the bunk beds. At 3:10 or so Holden came downstairs holding his head as blood trickled down. I took one look and knew we needed to take him to see a doctor. Since we were out in "the wilderness" we had to figure out where to take him. We ended up at the Heber Valley Medical ER.
After about 2 1/2 hours Holden got a total of seven stitches in his forehead. He has two stitches on the inside and five on the outside. The doc had me hold Holden's arms while he gave him a shot to numb the area. Normally I have no problem with blood. But for some reason seeing Holden's deep wound exposed and cleaned out made me get a bit woozy and I had to sit down. Tim was enlisted to take my place. So they had Tim hold Holden's arms while a volunteer held Holden's head so they could sew him up. Turns out, Holden is awesome (who knew, right?)! He didn't need anyone to hold him. He just laid on the table and let the doc stitch him right up with no tears or moving at all. Such a trooper! Both the doctor and the volunteer commented on how well behaved he was. And the doc even said he wished all his patients were this good.
Before. This picture does not do the cut justice. It was pretty deep and nasty.
After. He was mostly just squinting from the light.
We are headed to see Holden's regular doctor today to get the outside stitches removed and glue the wound shut instead so he won't have much of a scar.
I honestly thought we would have to take Beckett to the ER well before Holden. Guess that'll show me.
We are headed to see Holden's regular doctor today to get the outside stitches removed and glue the wound shut instead so he won't have much of a scar.
I honestly thought we would have to take Beckett to the ER well before Holden. Guess that'll show me.


No comments:
Post a Comment