Blog Archive

Monday, June 29, 2009

Skittles

Our wonderful dog Skittles was put down today. She was 8 1/2 years old and we have had her for 7 years. She has been a great dog! She is fantastic with the kids as well as very protective of me. She will be missed.
She's not been herself for about a week and a half or so. We took her in to the vet Saturday the 20th. They did a bunch of blood tests and didn't find anything. Tim was very unhappy with the vet we saw so when she started getting worse we decided to take her somewhere else. I'm so glad we did. It didn't take the vet long to figure out that she had a tumor that ruptured. She was bleeding out into her stomach. Her stomach has steadily been getting bigger since about Thursday night. She hasn't been eating for us and she's also been having a hard time breathing. Obviously some serious issues. So we put her out of her misery and she's in a better place. I'm having a hard time, but I'm sure I'll be okay. I love you Skittles!




6 comments:

Sovic Clan said...

I am so sorry Jacki! How sad! I am so glad you took her somewhere else.

Stephanie said...

oh man im so sorry, She was such a good dog!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Wow, that makes you kind of mad about the other vet. Idiots.
On another note,
I am so sorry. I know you loved her so much. She was a sweet dog.

Jack Roberts said...

Again, I am so sorry for you loss. I loved skittles she was the best and so perfect with children. let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys. Or, if you find yourself needing someone to cry to I am here.

Becky said...

(((Jacki))) I love you & I'm here for you if you need anything! She really was a great dog & she'll be missed.

Chanda said...

I am so sorry guys. I know the boys, especially Holden will miss her. She was truly an amazing dog. I remember Jacki when you guys first got her and trying to come into your guys' apartment, lol she sure was protecting you guys. She will be missed and loved always.