Blog Archive

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Camping

We went on our first camping trip of the season this past weekend. We had a lot of fun. Camping is so much more enjoyable with a trailer! Holden loved playing outside all day especially in the dirt. And we all really enjoyed hanging out with the family. We did miss my brother, Aaron and his family, though. I forget how much I love making s'mores over the campfire and being able to spend some quality time with my husband and son.
On to the scary times. There was a little stream not far from our camp so most of us decided to go wade in it. Holden was having a blast and playing in the water when he decided to go out just a little further and slipped. He started going downstream being pulled by the current. My sister started to go after him and also slipped. So I jumped in the water and hurried as fast as I could to get to him. It was the absolute scariest moment of my life. Just thinking about what could have happened if I had been just a little slower or had not reacted as quickly terrifies me. Holden and I were both drenched and I have some serious bruises to show for my efforts, but Holden is fine. I think it upset me more than him.
Colton and Lexi

Holden playing with Lexi


Playing with water after mom wouldn't let him in the stream again. Grandma kept filling up her water bottle so he could dump it on his head.


Holden and cousin Tyler.


Dirty faced little boy

2 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Looks like fun...except for the stream. I have had scary moments too and man, you don't recover quickly.

Anonymous said...

OH!!
Your little boy is so cute!
It's Lindsay (Needles) Bambrough