Blog Archive

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 24: a recipe

I totally just posted a recipe when I did my hobby. But since I have been doing this for Bargain Divas anyway. I will post another one. And it will, again, be something you bake since that is what I enjoy doing.

My kids also enjoy baking. They always have to put on their aprons so they can look just like Mom and help me stir or roll or frost. I love my little helpers!


Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
I always cut this recipe in half since it makes so many cookies

2 cups shortening
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
1 pint sour cream
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
4 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
10 cups flour

Cream together shortening and sugar. Mix in eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Stir in baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add flour. Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick and cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Frost if desired.



Icing
1/2 - 3/4 cup shortening
2 C powdered sugar
drizzle of vanilla (1/2 tsp)
2 shakes of salt
water 1 TB at a time
add food coloring if desired

No comments: